Join our Work Family!
Prek Teacher- Bethalto Location
- This teaching position is 6 hours per day for one group of 18 children aged 3 to 5 years old (with a full time assistant teacher). We have had an established ISBE Pre-K program embedded within a licensed childcare center for over 15 years. The position begins August 1st and our Pre-K calendar year usually runs through mid-June. The Teacher is responsible for assessment (Early Learning Scale) and instruction (Creative Curriculum format). Hours for the position will be approx. 7:30 to 1:30 with a one hour lunch break.
- Salary will vary with qualifications and experience; however, starting salary is $20-23 per hour for an 11 month teaching year (Aug to June). Benefits include paid holidays, paid sick time and two personal days after completion of a 90 day probationary period with additional vacation after the first year of employment.
- **Please note: Employees receive half price childcare for all children enrolled at any Step By Step location.
- At least 19 years old.
- Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education and/or Level 5 Early Childhood Credential
- Completed physical upon hire with TB Test and Appropriate Shot Record
- Receive and maintain a clear background check through DCFS
Duties: Some, but not all duties include:
- Lead a quality classroom that ensures the safety of children and staff at all times
- Assure the classroom is in compliance with regulatory agencies at all times
- Communicate and maintain positive working relationships with parents and staff daily
- Interact with children within the program at their level using developmentally appropriate practices
- Follow and complete Cleaning Checklists
- Assure children are pottied and changed regularly
- Complete and follow through with lesson plans and child assessments daily
- Assure classroom responsibilities are completed daily